This resource includes a Printable and Editable Plot Diagram Graphic Organizer!
Parts of the Plot:
- Exposition (setting, characters, background info, point of view)
- Rising Action (3 events or details)
- Climax (turning point)
- Falling Action (2 events or details)
- Resolution (denouement)
The Plot Diagram is an organizational tool used to map the events in a story. This mapping of plot structure allows students to visualize the key features of literature as well as helps writers organize narratives.
This Plot Diagram Graphic Organizer Template will work for any short story and will aid students in reading comprehension!
Other benefits include:
- helps students identify the most important events in a story and how they are related
- helps students understand conflicts in the story and how they are resolved
- helps students analyze how certain events develop or propel the plot
- It can also be used as a tool to help with writing and planning stories
A PDF (ready to print) and Word document (EDITABLE) are included.