Have your students read the short story “The Veldt” by Ray Bradbury—the full text can be found online for free. The story is set far in the future where technology has become detrimental (even fatal) to society. My students always love reading this story. It’s creepy, suspenseful, and always ignites many interesting conversations about technology today.
Included in this literary analysis product is:
- A graphic organizer of vocabulary words from the short story
- A presentation with vocabulary words and definitions
- A pre-reading activity called “five words, three words”
- Reading comprehension questions
- Plot diagram and breakdown of the plot points and Themes
- Graphic organizer that covers literary devices such as: irony, symbolism, conflict, and foreshadowing
- A writing menu with 7 different creative writing options in response to the story
- Answer keys for all that apply
You May Also Like!