Have your students read the foreboding, gothic short story “The Masque of the Red Death” by Edgar Allan Poe with this Close Reading and Analysis activity! This product includes the short story, side by side with questions to annotate/analyze the literature as well as define academic vocabulary.
Included in this literary analysis:
- before reading activity on color meanings
- before reading journal activity
- full text “The Masque of the Red Death” by Edgar Allan Poe: side by side with the close reading questions!
- vocabulary terms to define
- reading comprehension questions
- after reading analysis questions, with a focus on allegory and symbolism
- objective summary prompt
- answer keys
File Types Included:
Teacher Answer Key (PDF)
Student Copy of Activities (Word document—editable for teachers)
Student Copy of Activities (PDF—ready to print)
You May Also Like!
The Masque of the Red Death Digital Escape Room