This product contains a literary analysis of the short story “The Lottery” by Shirley Jackson.
Included in this lesson plan:
- Journal entry as a pre-reading, activating strategy
- Background Bio and Vocabulary Terms
- Vocabulary list and graphic organizer for students
- Reading questions which focus on literary elements such as: mood, textual evidence, suspense, foreshadowing, text structure, character motivations, irony, gender roles, dialogue, and objective summary
- Allegory and theme lesson and graphic organizer
- Historical context of World War II and the Holocaust
- Poem “First They Came” by Martin Niemöller as paired text
- After reading discussion questions (can be completed in groups or independently)
- Answer keys for everything
You May Also Like!