Have your class read and analyze the eerie short story “The Landlady” by Roald Dahl using this resource.
This awesome resource includes:
- anticipation strategy (PDF)
- academic vocabulary with graphic organizer (Powerpoint and PDF)
- background on the author and setting (Powerpoint)
- literary analysis questions (PDF)
- two creative writing assignments for after reading (Powerpoint and PDF)
- answer key (PDF)
- editable copy of the reading questions (Word Doc)
This story is great if your class is studying horror stories or if you want students to read something scary for Halloween. The analysis questions cover important literary elements such as irony, point of view, suspense, foreshadowing, and theme.
You May Also Like This Free Resource!