Teach your students all about Sonnets with a unique analysis of William Shakespeare’s Sonnet 138.
1) First, use the Powerpoint presentation to familiarize your students with:
- Sonnet definition and structure
- Shakespearean Sonnets
- Petrarchan Sonnets
- Spenserian Sonnets
- Miltonic Sonnets
- Iambic pentameter
- Two-part thematic Structure
- Rhyme Scheme
Guided notes worksheet included!
2) Then, have your students analyze Shakespeare’s Sonnet 138 by answering comprehension and literary analysis questions. Answer key included!
3) Lastly, have your students write their own original Shakespearean Sonnet. Directions and guidelines included.