Have your students share their understanding of any short story by imaginatively blending their written ideas with colorful images from the text with a one-pager reading comprehension project. Students’ artwork make for unique and creative analyses of the literature and also make great bulletin boards!
Included in this purchase is:
- Student directions for the one pager project (PDF Ready to Print)
- Rubric for the one pager project (PDF Ready to Print)
- 2 Example one pagers (One based on the short story: Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keys and one example based on The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe)
- 11 BLANK TEMPLATES (printable — optional)
- EDITABLE Word Document in case you would like to modify the directions or rubric.
Students are encouraged to include several of these literary elements into their final project: theme, main idea, point of view, foreshadowing, symbolism, conflict, flashback, mood, tone, irony, characterization, or imagery.
You May Also Like!
25 One Pager Printable Templates
7 Short Stories to Celebrate Female Writers
Most Popular Short Stories Bundle
Women’s History Month Research and One-Pager Summary Project