In this Sentence Types and Structure Lesson, students will learn about the four types of sentences:
Through means of Powerpoint, students will learn about clauses; a clause is a group of words that includes a subject and a verb. Students will be able to differentiate between independent and dependent clauses in writing. Students will then identify the type of sentence using multiple examples. Students will also be able to distinguish the difference between coordinating conjunctions and subordinating conjunctions.
Additionally, a grammar practice worksheet with an answer key is included in this product. The practice worksheet requires students to do the following:
- find the simple subject(s) and verb(s) in the sentences
- find the coordinating conjunction in the sentences
- find the subordinating conjunction in the sentences
- determine if the underlined clause is independent (i) or dependent (d)
- determine whether each sentence is simple (s), complex (cx), compound (cs), or compound- complex (cc)