Have your students create a collaborative poster and learn about Roald Dahl in a new and engaging way!
Your students will create an author biography by researching Roald Dahl and establishing his profile on a poster.
Students will learn about Roald Dahl’s life and his body of work as a legendary author.
Additionally, they will discover the importance of collaboration and effective communication.
1) To construct the author study poster, your students will work in groups to conduct research on Roald Dahl.
2) Students will then transfer their findings to boxes on the poster.
3) Next, they will work together to color or paint the pieces of the poster.
4) Lastly, students will tape together the final product.
The poster is made up of six pieces of paper, which can be printed on regular copy paper or card stock.
Once taped together, the final product will be 28″ x 15″ and can last a lifetime if you laminate it!
This resource includes the following:
- Step by Step Student Directions (PDF & editable word document)
- Author Study Project Rubric (PDF & editable word document)
- Author Study Graphic Organizer for Students (PDF & editable word document)
- 6 Blank Coloring Pages that come together as one beautiful poster (PDFs)
- Roald Dahl Author Study Answer Key (PDF)
- Example of Final Project (PDF)
Check out more from my LITERARY LEGENDS Collection: