In this resource, your students will read and analyze the science fiction, dystopian short story “‘Repent, Harlequin!’ said the Ticktock Man” by Harlan Ellison where being late is not only a minor inconvenience, it’s a crime punishable by death.
Included in this purchase:
- Suggested Lesson Procedure for teachers
- Before Reading Anticipation Guide
- Powerpoint presentation that includes: brief author bio, academic vocabulary words and definitions
- Graphic Organizer for Vocabulary Words
- “‘Repent, Harlequin!’ said the Ticktock Man” by Harlan Ellison — During Reading and Analysis Questions
- Prompt for Summary Writing
- Theme Analysis featuring Henry David Thoreau’s essay Civil Disobedience
- Answer Keys
File Types Included:
Teacher Guide and Answer Keys (PDF)
Student Copy of Activities (Word document—editable for teachers)
Student Copy of Activities (PDF—ready to print)
You May Also Like!