Have your students create a collaborative poster and learn about Ralph Waldo Emerson in a fun and engaging way!
Your students will create an author biography by researching Emerson and establishing his profile on a poster.
Students will learn about Emerson and his body of work as an influential transcendentalist author.
Additionally, they will learn the importance of collaboration and effective communication.
1) To construct the author study poster, your students will work in groups to conduct research on Emerson.
2) Students will then transfer their findings to boxes on the poster.
3) Next, they will work together to color or paint the pieces of the poster.
4) Lastly, students will tape together the final product.
The poster is made up of six pieces of paper, which can be printed on regular copy paper or card stock.
Once taped together, the final product will be 28″ x 15″ and can last a lifetime if you laminate it!
This resource includes the following:
- Step by Step Student Directions (PDF & editable word document)
- Author Study Project Rubric (PDF & editable word document)
- Author Study Graphic Organizer for Students (PDF & editable word document)
- 6 Blank Coloring Pages that come together as one beautiful poster (PDFs)
- Ralph Waldo Emerson Author Study Answer Key
- Example of Final Project: Completed Text & Fully Colored Body
Check out more from my LITERARY LEGENDS Collection: