This resource includes a Poetry Assessment for high school students (9th-12th grade ELA). You will receive a printable PDF copy of the test as well as an EDITABLE word document in case you would like to make modifications. A detailed answer key is also included!
The format of this test includes:
- 10 fill-in-the-blank questions with a word bank
- 8 matching questions with poem types
- 5 matching questions with sound devices
- 7 matching questions with figurative language
- A poetry analysis of two poems: “A Psalm of Life” by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow and the Sonnet “Death, be not proud” by John Donne.
- Students will answer 5 multiple choice questions regarding each poem
- 1 constructed response where students will compare the themes of each poem in a minimum of two fully developed paragraphs
(41 questions in total including the written response)
The Poetry Test covers the following literary terms:
You May Also Like!