Assign your students a one pager poetry analysis project and have your students share their understanding of ANY POEM by imaginatively blending their written ideas with colorful images from the text. You can pick one poem for your whole class to use or have all your students pick their own individual poems! Students’ artwork make for unique and creative analyses of the literature and also make great bulletin boards!
Included in this purchase is:
- Student directions for the one pager project
- Rubric for the one pager project
- Example one pager (based on the poem “Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night” by Dylan Thomas)
- 10 BLANK TEMPLATES (printable — optional)
- EDITABLE word document so teachers can modify instructions or rubric
Students are encouraged to include several of these literary devices, poetic devices (sound devices), and figurative language elements into their final projects: metaphor, simile, personification, hyperbole, imagery, pun, oxymoron, paradox, idiom, allusion, symbolism, assonance, consonance, alliteration, anaphora, rhyme, rhyme scheme, repetition, onomatopoeia, cacophony, mood, tone, and theme.