This Poetry Packet includes 5 Poems your students will read and analyze. The poems included are suggested for a Middle School Poetry Unit: 7th, 8th or 9th Grade ELA.
This packet is a wonderful tool because you can have students complete the analyses of the poems in a variety of ways: whole-class, independently and/or collaboratively.
The poems included in this packet are:
- “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost
- “I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud” by William Wordsworth
- “We Wear The Mask” by Paul Laurence Dunbar
- “We Never Know How High We Are” by Emily Dickinson
- “The Gardener” by Robert Louis Stevenson
In this packet, students will work on poetry skills such as: rhyme scheme, rhyme, allusion, imagery, assonance, consonance, alliteration, hyperbole, theme, tone, mood, author’s purpose, personification, and connotation.
You May Also Like!