This resource includes a Poetry Assessment for upper middle school students (7th, 8th, or 9th grade ELA). You will receive a printable PDF copy as well as an EDITABLE word document in case you would like to make modifications. A detailed answer key is also included!
The format of this test includes:
- 8 fill-in-the-blank questions with a word bank
- 6 matching questions with poem types
- 5 matching questions with sound devices
- 5 matching questions with figurative language
- A poetry analysis of two poems: “There Will Come Soft Rains” by Sara Teasdale and “Nature” by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Students will answer 5 multiple choice questions regarding each poem
- 1 constructed response where students will compare the themes of each poem in a fully developed paragraph
(35 questions in total)
The Poetry Test covers the following terms:
You May Also Like!