The Short Story “Geraldine Moore the Poet” by Toni Cade Bambara is a heart-wrenching story that helps students realize you never really know what is going on in another person’s life. Use this Reading Comprehension Guide to scaffold Literary Analysis for your students.
Included in this product:
- Before reading anticipation activity
- During reading comprehension questions
- After reading analysis:
- theme analysis chart
- plot diagram
- internal and external conflicts
- Discussion questions to form personal connections with the text
- After reading poetry project
- Answer keys
This story is realistic and thoughtful: it’s perfect for helping students make inferences. It’s written by African-American author Toni Cade Bambara so it works well while highlighting Black or female voices.