In this resource, your students will read and analyze the dystopian short story “Frost and Fire” by Ray Bradbury where the characters are stuck on a nightmarish planet, directly impacted by solar radiation! Humans can only survive for EIGHT DAYS!
Included in this purchase:
- Suggested Lesson Procedure for teachers
- 2 Pre-reading activities to build anticipation
- Powerpoint presentation that includes: Academic Vocabulary Words and Definitions
- Graphic Organizer for Vocabulary Words
- “Frost and Fire” Reading and Analysis Questions
- After Reading Discussion Questions
- Literary Analysis Chart that has students find and explain Bradbury’s use of: personification, metaphors, similes, imagery, symbolism, and irony from the story
- Poem Analysis and comparison based on Robert Frost’s “Fire and Ice” poem
- Answer Keys
File Types Included:
Teacher Guide and Answer Keys (PDF)
Student Copy of Activities (Word document—editable for teachers)
Student Copy of Activities (PDF—ready to print)
You May Also Like!