Use this resource to learn about Literary Legends in a fresh, engaging, and collaborative way!
Encourage teamwork and creativity among your students with this Frederick Douglass coloring activity. Your students will create an author biography by researching Frederick Douglass and establishing his profile on a poster.
Students will learn about Douglass, an influential author, activist, abolitionist, orator, and diplomat. Plus, they will learn the importance of collaboration and effective communication. This Black History Month activity is perfect for ELA.
To construct the author study poster, your students will work in groups to conduct research on Frederick Douglass. Students will then transfer their findings to boxes on the poster. Next, they will work together to color or paint the pieces of the poster. Lastly, students will tape together the final product. The poster is made up of six pieces of paper, which can be printed on regular copy paper or card stock. Once taped together, the final product will be 28″ x 15″ and can last a lifetime if you laminate it!
This resource includes the following:
- Step by Step Student Directions (PDF and editable word document)
- Author Study Project Rubric (PDF and editable word document)
- Author Study Brainstorm Graphic Organizer for Students (PDF and editable word document)
- 6 Blank Coloring Pages that come together as one beautiful poster (PDFs)
- Frederick Douglass Author Study Answer Key
- Example of Final Project Completed Text and Colored
You May Also Like!