Have your students create a collaborative poster and learn about Elie Wiesel in a new and engaging way!
Your students will create an author biography by researching Elie Wiesel and establishing his profile on a poster.
Students will learn about Wiesel’s life and his body of work as a legendary author.
Additionally, they will discover the importance of collaboration and effective communication.
This is a great addition to any novel study for Night.
1) To construct the author study poster, your students will work in groups to conduct research on Elie Wiesel.
2) Students will then transfer their findings to boxes on the poster.
3) Next, they will work together to color or paint the pieces of the poster.
4) Lastly, students will tape together the final product.
The poster is made up of six pieces of paper, which can be printed on regular copy paper or card stock.
Once taped together, the final product will be 28″ x 15″ and can last a lifetime if you laminate it!
This resource includes the following:
- Step by Step Student Directions (PDF & editable word document)
- Author Study Project Rubric (PDF & editable word document)
- Author Study Graphic Organizer for Students (PDF & editable word document)
- 6 Blank Coloring Pages that come together as one beautiful poster (PDFs)
- Elie Wiesel Author Study Answer Key (PDF)
- Example of Final Project: Completed Text & Fully Colored Body (PDFs)
Check out more from my LITERARY LEGENDS Collection: