This includes ten ELA products to celebrate Black History Month in February!
The following lessons are included:
- Black History Month One-Pager Project
- Langston Hughes “I, Too” paired with Walt Whitman’s “I Hear America Singing” — Poetry Analysis
- The Harlem Renaissance Digital Escape Room | 360° Reading Comprehension Game (no prior knowledge needed!)
- Digital Black History Month Interactive Bulletin Board — 4 Awesome Project Options!
- Amanda Gorman “The Hill We Climb” Poem Analysis paired with Martin Luther King Jr.’s famous speech “I’ve Been to the Mountaintop”
- Introduction to The Harlem Renaissance Powerpoint Presentation
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Speech Analysis “I Have a Dream” and Civil Rights Movement Background Information Project
- Langston Hughes “Mother to Son” Poem Analysis and Biography
- Maya Angelou Poem Analysis “Still I Rise,” “Caged Bird,” and “Woman Work” and Biography
- Ralph Ellison short story analysis “Battle Royal,” from this novel Invisible Man; brief biography on Ellison
- The Flowers Short Story Analysis — (By Alice Walker)