In this poetry analysis activity, your students will read and answer questions regarding the famous poem “To an Athlete Dying Young” by A. E. Housman. Next, your students will listen to the song “If I Die Young” by The Band Perry that carries a similar message. Then, students will take a closer look at how these two texts relate. Comparing and contrasting these paired texts will help your students better understand point of view, tone, mood, and theme!
Add music to make poetry fun for students!
This resource includes:
- Full text of the poem “To an Athlete Dying Young” by A. E. Housman
- Analysis questions for the poem “To an Athlete Dying Young”
- Song analysis questions based on the lyrics “If I Die Young” by The Band Perry
- Compare and contrast question about the song and poem
- EDITABLE copy of the questions so you can make modifications if needed
- ANSWER KEYS for everything
You May Also Like!