Have your students create a collaborative poster and learn about Nathaniel Hawthorne in a new and engaging way!
Your students will create an author biography by researching Nathaniel Hawthorne and establishing his profile on a poster.
Students will learn about Nathaniel Hawthorne ‘s life and his body of work as a legendary author.
Additionally, they will discover the importance of collaboration and effective communication.
This is a great addition to any novel study for The Scarlett Letter.
1) To construct the author study poster, your students will work in groups to conduct research on Nathaniel Hawthorne .
2) Students will then transfer their findings to boxes on the poster.
3) Next, they will work together to color or paint the pieces of the poster.
4) Lastly, students will tape together the final product.
The poster is made up of six pieces of paper, which can be printed on regular copy paper or card stock.
Once taped together, the final product will be roughly 28″ x 15″ and can last a lifetime if you laminate it!
This resource includes the following:
- Student Directions (PDF & editable word document)
- Rubric (PDF & editable word document)
- Graphic Organizer for Students (PDF & editable word document)
- 6 Blank Coloring Pages that come together as one beautiful poster (PDFs)
- Nathaniel Hawthorne Answer Key (PDF)
- Example of Final Project (PDF)
Check out more from my LITERARY LEGENDS Collection:
- Edgar Allan Poe
- Emily Dickinson
- Langston Hughes
- George Orwell
- Harper Lee
- Robert Frost
- William Shakespeare
- Walt Whitman
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Mark Twain
- F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Agatha Christie
- Ray Bradbury
- Frederick Douglass
- Elie Wiesel
- Jack London
- Arthur Miller
- John Steinbeck
- Jane Austen
- Maya Angelou
- Margaret Atwood
- Amy Tan
- Oscar Wilde
- John Keats
- Mary Shelley